Most of the debris left in earth orbit after tests of Indian-made space weapons have already burned down in the atmosphere and scattered. Sathish Reddy, who is the head of the Indian Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO), assures this.
“I said in April that all the wreckage should gradually fall in a few weeks. Based on the data that we have now, most of the fragments have already dissolved. There are still a few debris, but they will soon disappear, ”said Reddy.
Earlier in the DRDO reported that the wreckage is gradually reduced and quietly burn in the atmosphere of the planet, while they do not pose any danger.
On March 27, 2019, India tested its own anti-satellite weapon, destroying a spacecraft in low-Earth orbit. Immediately after that, they made a statement at NASA that as a result of India’s actions in orbit, about 400 debris had formed, which are dangerous for the ISS. They spoke on this topic in Russia, where they also believe that the appeared space debris may cause some problems.
Satish Reddy himself is sure that in the United States and the Russian Federation they worry in vain, since no problems can arise.
In India, satisfied with the test anti-satellite weapons, considering that it was more than successful. In particular, the Prime Minister of the country Narenda Modi highly appreciated the level of the passed tests, noting that from this very day India can stand in one row with the United States of America, Russia and China and rightfully be called a space power.
. (tagsToTranslate) India (t) Anti-satellite weapons (t) Earth orbit (t) Satish Reddy